Timothy A. Kalas
Tim Kalas's practice focuses on virtually all aspects of commercial lending. He represents financial institutions in a variety of real estate and asset-based finance transactions in a broad range of industries. These include commercial fee and leasehold mortgages, revolving credit and term loan facilities, construction and development financing transactions, syndicated and participated credits, bond financings, government-guaranteed loans and letters of credit. Tim also has extensive experience with respect to loan restructurings, workouts and foreclosures and has assisted clients in the purchase and sale of businesses and commercial properties.
EducationFordham Law School, J.D. Notes and Comments Editor, Fordham International Law JournalFordham University, B.A., summa cum laude
New Jersey New York Pennsylvania U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Represented the lead bank in connection with an $88.4 million syndicated credit facility for the construction and development of an eight-story apartment building in Jersey City, NJ.
- Represented a lender in connection with the closing of a $2,000,000 asset-based line of credit, a $5,525,000 commercial term loan, a $4,320,000 commercial mortgage loan and a $2,500,000 equipment lease line of credit to a US-based manufacturer of seafood products.
- Represented a lender providing a $9,400,000 secured commercial line of credit and term loan facility to a private multi-specialty medical practice with offices in New York City and in Orange County, Rockland County and Sullivan County, NY.
- Represented a lender in its purchase of certain tax-exempt bonds totaling $42.5 million issued by the Public Finance Authority (a Wisconsin State agency), the proceeds of which were used to finance the construction of a new skilled nursing facility in Lawrence Township, NJ.
- Represented the lead bank in connection with a $36.8 million secured credit facility for the acquisition of a 517-unit residential apartment complex in Lancaster, PA.
- Represented the lead bank in connection with a $30.5 million secured credit facility for the construction of a 192-unit residential apartment complex in Lyndhurst, NJ.
- Represented a lender providing a $28.6 million secured credit facility for the acquisition of a tenant's leasehold interest in a 131-unit residential and commercial condominium complex in Morristown, NJ.
- Represented a lender providing an $18 million secured credit facility for the acquisition of a 152,000 square foot shopping center in Exton, PA.
- Represented a lender in its purchase of a $24.9 million economic development bond issued by the NJEDA in connection with a New Markets Tax Credit financing transaction for the construction of a 90,000 square foot college campus and community center in Jersey City, NJ.
- Represented a lender providing a $15.5 million secured credit facility for the construction of a 65,518 square foot LEED-Certified Class A office building in Summit, NJ.