- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., cum laude (2012)
- Senior Editor, Rutgers Business Law Review
- Legal Research and Writing Teaching Associate
- Boston College, B.S. (2001) Double Major: Finance and Marketing
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
John Vieira practices in Sherman Wells’ Litigation Group. John has significant experience in complex, high-value litigations before state and federal courts, as well as international arbitration tribunals.He has represented a diverse set of clients in a wide array of business disputes arising from a variety of issues. John has particular experience with litigation relating to claims against banks, financial institutions, professional sports leagues, teams, and athletic associations.
Prior to joining Sherman Wells, John was associated with the firm Clyde & Co US LLP where he represented some of the world’s leading insurance companies in high-profile coverage litigations and arbitrations.
Before practicing law, John began his career in the securities industry where he held the FINRA Series 7 General Securities Representative License and the FINRA Series 55 Equity Trader License. He has extensive experience trading securities in the U.S. equity markets on behalf of mutual funds, pension plans, and independently managed accounts.
John is fluent in Portuguese.