PRACTICESEstate Planning and Estate Administration
- New York Law School, LL.M. Taxation (2011)
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D. (2006)
- Boston College, B.S., cum laude (2001)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Tracy McSweeney Child
Tracy Child practices in Sherman Wells’ Trusts & Estates Group, where she assists individuals and families with a broad range of estate planning, estate administration, family business succession planning and related tax work.In the course of doing so, Tracy counsels clients on establishing an estate plan that meets their needs and objectives as tax-efficiently as possible, including:
- Drafting wills, revocable trusts, insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, etc., to ensure the client's succession plan and tax objectives are maintained beyond the client's life.
- Administration of estates and trusts.
- Counseling individuals on charitable giving, including establishing and administering family foundations, donor advised funds and charitable trusts.
Tracy also assists various tax-exempt organizations in the formation and application for tax-exempt status, and counsels them on their administration and day-to-day operations, including federal and state compliance with their corporate and tax requirements and grant-making, as well as dissolution.
Tracy is a frequent speaker on many topics relating to tax and estate planning.
Prior to attending law school, Tracy was a senior tax associate with Deloitte and Touche LLP, where she managed clients' corporate tax compliance needs. She was also an associate at Arthur Andersen LLP, where she assisted corporate tax clients in minimizing state tax exposure and liability.
- New Jersey Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2009 - 2018)
- New Jersey Law Journal New Leader of the Bar (2015)
- Best Lawyers in America®, Trust and Estates (2019 - present)
- Award Methodology