In This Issue:
- The New SECURE Act’s Effect on Estate Planning for Retirement Plans
- Relief from Federal Limitation on Deduction for State and Local Income Taxes for Some New Jersey Business Owners
- Private Foundation Excise Tax Rate Simplification – Law Change Effective 2020
- Misleading Notices from Third Parties of Annual Report Delinquencies for New Jersey Entities
In This Issue:
- New Jersey Appellate Division Affirms Summary Judgment Order Dismissing Dishonored Check Action and Order Awarding Attorneys’ Fees
- District Court Dismisses Claims Relating to Alleged Fraud in Wells Fargo Foreclosure Methods
- New Jersey Appellate Division Affirms Decision Vacating Final Judgment in Tax Foreclosure Action Against Mortgagee Based on Notice of Lis Pendens
Partner Anthony J. Sylvester, who serves as a Trustee to the Gia Maione Prima Foundation announces that the Foundation will support a cultural exchange program, “Getting Funky In Havana”
Gia Maione Prima Foundation partnered with New York City based Horns to Havana to support a five-day cultural exchange program, “Getting Funky in Havana.” The trip featured a concert series of leading New Orleans bands who joined forces with Cuba’s top musical talent. The initiative created immersive cultural experiences with Cuban artists, musicians and other creatives. The project program included a visit to Amadeo Roldan Music Conservatory to donate instruments to Cuban students and community projects. The cultural exchange program is heavily focused on supporting the Cuban people as well as the young New Orleans musicians from the Trombone Shorty Foundation.
Sherman Wells is pleased to announce that the firm is ranked in the 2020 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list in 11 practice areas
According to U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers, joint publishers of the “Best Law Firms” rankings, firms included in the 2020 Edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" are recognized for professional excellence with consistently impressive ratings from clients and peers. Achieving a tiered ranking signals a unique combination of quality law practice and breadth of legal expertise.