Matt Mirett’s practice focuses on a broad range of commercial lending transactions. He represents financial institutions in a variety of real estate and asset-based finance transactions in a wide variety of industries. These include commercial fee and leasehold mortgages, revolving credit and term loan facilities, construction and development financing transactions, syndicated and participated credits, swap deals, bond financings, and letters of credit. Matt also assists corporate clients in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, borrower-side financings, and general corporate counseling. Matt is also involved in the community, serving on the Board of Trustees of Preschool Advantage, a local non-profit organization that provides preschool tuition for 3- and 4-year olds in Morris and Somerset Counties.
Prior to joining Sherman Wells, Matt was an associate at Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson LLP for more than two years, where he specialized in general corporate law and corporate real estate transactions.
EducationFordham Law School, J.D., cum laude (2012) Member, Fordham International Law Journal
Ruth Whitehead Whaley ScholarUniversity of Pennsylvania, B.A., cum laude (2006)
New Jersey New York
New Jersey Super Lawyers “Rising Star” Award Methodology
- Represented the lead lender and agent in connection with a $42 million syndicated credit facility for the construction and development of a luxury apartment complex in Morristown, NJ
- Represented a lender in providing a $20 million secured loan to a religious order for the construction of a new provincial headquarters.
- Represented a lender in providing a $5 million term loan and $13 million construction loan for renovations and development of an event space, restaurant and spa in Peapack-Gladstone, NJ.
- Represented the lead lender and agent in connection with a $60 million term loan and refinance of a Morristown, NJ apartment complex.
- Represented a small-business owner in obtaining a credit facility and negotiating and establishing a purchase option for his technology business from a multinational manufacturing and engineering company.
- Represented a technology driven, specialty pharmaceutical company in obtaining and modifying a term loan and line of credit.
- Represented a lender in providing an aggregate $23 million loan to a real estate developer for six commercial retail properties.
- Represented a lender in providing secured credit facilities for over $20 million for the acquisition and construction of an acute care nursing home facility.
- Represented a publicly traded provider of software development services in its stock acquisition of a privately held consulting provider.