Banking and Financial Services
Broker-Dealer Litigation and Arbitration
Art, Media and Entertainment Law
- Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, J.D., cum laude (2008)
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Recipient, H. Theodore Sorg Prize
- Managing Editor, Rutgers Law Review
- Vice President, Justinian Law Society
- Teaching assistant, Rutgers Minority Student Program, in property and torts
- University of Richmond, B.A. (2005)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Anthony C. Valenziano
Anthony Valenziano practices in Sherman Wells’ Litigation Group. Anthony’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial and banking litigation, including lender liability suits and claims brought under Articles 3 and 4 of the UCC.Anthony also has significant experience defending attorneys against claims of negligence and breach of fiduciary duty involving both litigation and transactional matters. Anthony has represented companies and their officers and directors in defense of claims of shareholder oppression and breach of fiduciary duty.
After law school, Anthony served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Freda L. Wolfson, U.S.D.J., of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Prior to coming to Sherman Wells, Anthony was associated with the law firm of Riker, Danzig, Scherer, Hyland & Perretti LLP.
Anthony is also active in the community and local organizations. He currently serves as a Committee Member of the Morris Plains Democratic Committee and a Trustee for the Morris County Bar Association.
In 2016, the New Jersey Supreme Court appointed Anthony to the District XA Ethics Committee to investigate ethics complaints against attorneys.
- “The Nuts and Bolts of New Jersey Federal Practice,” for the Morris County Bar Association
- “Pitfalls of a Young Lawyer,” for the Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2013 - Present)
- Award Methodology