PRACTICESEstate Planning and Estate Administration
Art, Media and Entertainment Law
- University of Illinois College of Law, LL.M. (1981)
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (1979)
- Indiana University at Bloomington, B.M.E., with distinction (1975)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Texas (inactive)
- United States Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- Law 214 Authorized Attorney, Principality of Monaco
Sandra Brown Sherman
Sandra Brown Sherman values the long-standing and close relationships she has cultivated with her clients over the years.A partner in Sherman Wells' tax and trusts & estates groups (and co-chair of the trusts & estates group), she believes that her focus on estate planning and administration for her clients and their families has allowed her to build and strengthen those relationships and to carry them through into the next generation.
Sandie’s practice is devoted to helping families with their estate planning, charitable planning and family-held businesses. Ongoing client relationships do not just happen, of course. Clients continue to seek Sandie's counsel because she knows the importance of patience in crafting thoughtful estate plans and administering estates and trusts.
Sandie's interest in improving people's lives extends to her outside activities as well. She is a trustee of the New Jersey Health Foundation and of the Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Metrowest, and she is a director of the F.M. Kirby Foundation. She is also a member of the Legal, Wealth & Tax Advisory Committee of the Community Foundation of New Jersey, the Planned Giving Task Force of the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, and the Strategic Planning Committee of the Discovery Orchestra.
Sandie is also a frequent lecturer and writer, having authored articles for a variety of national estate planning journals, including Trusts & Estates, Estate Planning and Probate & Property.
Sandie co-founded Sherman Wells in 2014. She previously co-chaired the trusts & estates group at Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti LLP, where she was a partner.
- Best Lawyers in America®, Tax and Trusts & Estates
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Estate Planning & Probate, Tax
- Top 100 Lawyers in New Jersey, Super Lawyers (2018)
- Top 50 Women Lawyers in New Jersey, Super Lawyers (2007, 2017, 2018, 2020)
- Worth® magazine’s list of "Top 100 Attorneys" in the United States (2007 and 2008)
- NJBiz Best 40 Women in Business (2008)
- Award Methodology