PRACTICESEstate Planning and Estate Administration
Art, Media and Entertainment Law
- University of Illinois College of Law, LL.M. (1981)
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (1979)
- Indiana University at Bloomington, B.M.E., with distinction (1975)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Texas (inactive)
- United States Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- Law 214 Authorized Attorney, Principality of Monaco
Tax and Trust & Estates Update November 201911/2019
In This Issue:
- 2020 Inflation Adjustments for Tax Items
- If You Want to Make Gifts to Charities or Others in 2019, Be Sure Those Gifts Are “Completed” this Year for Tax Purposes
- Thinking of Converting your S Corporation to a C Corporation? Avoid this Trap for the Unwary.
- The Nonprofit Forum - Is it Time to Convert Your Private Foundation to a Donor-Advised Fund?
Tax and Trust & Estates Update May 201905/2019
In This Issue:
- The Perils of "Transfer on Death" (TOD) and "Payable on Death" (POD) Accounts
- Information That Can Help Your Family at the End of Your Life
- Sherman Wells Welcomes New Associate to the Tax and Trusts & Estates Group
- New Jersey Trustee Uniform Trust Code Disclosure Requirements – A Reminder
Sherman Wells congratulates seventeen firm attorneys that have been selected among the 2019 NJ Super Lawyers and the 2019 Rising Stars List03/2019
We are delighted to add that Partner, Sandra Brown Sherman was included on the Top 50 Women Lawyers in the State list.
2019 Estate Planning Essentials Guide - NJ Edition02/2019
A broad overview of wills, trusts, estate and gift taxes, and important planning techniques and documents.
If you have questions, please contact any of the attorneys in our Tax and Trusts & Estates Practice Group. Nothing in this booklet should be relied upon as legal advice in any particular matter.
Tax and Trusts & Estates Update December 201812/2018
In This Issue:
- Charitable Giving in 2018 under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- If You Want to Make Gifts to Charities or Others in 2018, Be Sure Those Gifts are "Completed" this Year for Tax Purposes
- 2019 Inflation Adjustments for Tax Items
- The New Qualified Business Income Deduction – Still Lots of Uncertainty
- Breaking New Jersey News – New Jersey Offers Tax Amnesty until January 15, 2019
- More Tax Accounting Options for Small Businesses in 2018
- Another Reminder About IRS Revised Partnership Audit Procedures
- A Note about the Registration of New Jersey Private Foundations
Sherman Wells congratulates fourteen firm attorneys that have been selected among the 2018 NJ Super Lawyers and the 2018 Rising Stars List05/2018
Sherman Wells congratulates eight firm attorneys that have been selected among the 2018 NJ Super Lawyers and six firm attorneys that have been selected among the 2018 Rising Stars.
We are delighted to add that two firm Partners have been noted for receiving special recognition, Partners, Andrew Stamelman & Sandra Brown Sherman have been included on this year's New Jersey Super Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers list and Partner, Sandra Brown Sherman was included on the Top 50 Women Lawyers in the State list.
We are pleased to announce that seven of our attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 201808/2017
Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Partner Sandra Brown Sherman is one of the contributing authors to the American Bar Association’s recently published book08/2017
Partner Sandra Brown Sherman is one of the contributing authors to the American Bar Association’s (Commission on Women in the Profession) recently published book, “Grit, The Secret to Advancement – Stories of Successful Women Lawyers”. Click below to read Sandie’s remarks about her career and the suggestions she has to offer other women attorneys.
New Jersey 2017 Super Lawyers Recognize 13 Sherman Wells Attorneys04/2017
We are delighted to announce that 13 of our lawyers have been recognized by New Jersey 2017 Super Lawyers, with three of our partners receiving special recognition.
Sherman Wells is pleased to announce that seven of our attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 201708/2016
Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Partner Sandie Sherman recognized as one of this year’s SmartCEOs by the New Jersey Brava Awards04/2016
Congratulations to Sandie Sherman on being recognized as one of this year’s SmartCEOs by the New Jersey Brava Awards. The Brava Awards program celebrates high-impact female business leaders who combine an irrepressible entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for giving back to the community, and are exemplary leaders of both their companies and their communities.
Sherman Wells is Pleased to Announce that Eight Attorneys have Been Named 2016 NJ Super Lawyers and Five Named Rising Stars03/2016
The Super Lawyers selection process comprises hundreds of thousands of statewide or regional surveys supplemented by a comprehensive examination of each nominee’s background and experience, focusing on such criteria as verdicts and settlements, transactions, representative clients, honors and awards, educational background, and any other outstanding achievements. Only 5 percent of the total lawyers in the state are selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers.